Microvolution software delivers nearly instantaneous deconvolution by combining intelligent software programming with the power of a GPU
Developed by Stanford scientists, Microvolution software will improve your research:
- Work more effectively in dim light and realize greater success rates with live-cell and time-lapse experiments
- Create cleaner measurements after deconvolution (e.g., colocalization, FRET data, neurite lengths, fluorescence intensities)
- Make adjustments to your microscopy experiments on the fly and collect more data from the same sample
GPU is designed to process image data. Microvolution uses the GPU of the CUDA capable NVIDIA graphics card for deconvolution. This makes the deconvolution extremely fast, typically within seconds. Using Multi-GPU option several GPUs can be coupled together to enable the fast processing of giant images. Intelligent memory management permits processing of image data of unlimited sizes – any number of channels, time points or xyz dimensions.
Due to the speed of GPU computation there is no need to take mathematical short cuts to speed up iterations. Microvolution’s method starts with the proven Richardson-Lucy algorithm that is used by most software programs. The straigh-on approach and novel quality control algorithms prevent formation of artifacts. Microvolution delivers extremely accurate images – and this up to 200 times faster than other vendors. Blind deconvolution option improves noisy data, such as deep tissue imaging.
Affordable Software – Multiple Illumination Modalities
The deconvolution needs change througout the years – upgrading or expanding can be expensive. Not with Microvolution – out of the box Microvolution processes images from widefield, confocal, two photon, light sheet, and HCA microscopes. New modalities are implemented regularly. Investing to Microvolution saves you from hidden future costs due to changed needs of your team. With Microvolution you are well prepared for any future projects.
Available for ImageJ, FIJI, MetaMorph* and MicroManager*
- Direct integration to ImageJ, FIJI and MicroManager 2.0 softwares
- Available as a drop-in for MetaMorph
- Other integrations possible
- Delivers almost instantaneous 2-D and 3-D deconvolution after acquisition*
- 1552 x 1552 x 114 image geometry
- 74,5 nm x 74,5 nm x 100 nm voxel dimensions,
- Deconvolution 35 seconds / 40 iterations
Image courtesy of Dr. Bram v.d. Broek, Dutch Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Multi-view SPIM light sheet image set
-DAPI stained spheroid
-1392x1040x302 data geometry with 1.02 µm x 1.02 µm x 1.02 µm voxel dimensions, 16-bit 834 MB on one channel
-Deconvolution 43 seconds / 50 iterations
-Maximum projection of data before and after deconvolution (left and right, respectively)
Image courtesy of Dr. Francesco Pampaloni and MSc. Lotta Hof, Frankfurt Center for Advanced Microscopy